2015-2017 GLAM Postdoctoral Fellowships
The application period for the 2015-2017 GLAM Postdoctoral Fellowships has now closed. Please check back for information on the 2016-2018 GLAM Postdoctoral Fellowships later this year.
We are pleased to announce the new GLAM PostDoctoral Fellowship Program. We seek early-career scientists of exceptional ability who will flourish in, and contribute to, the highly interactive and collaborative research environment of GLAM. The appointment includes 2 years of support with a competitive salary and benefits, and $5,000 annually in discretionary funds to cover research and/or travel expenses.
Candidates are asked to submit online a curriculum vitae including publication list, and a two page research statement that details proposed research and possible collaborations within GLAM. Candidates are also required to identify one or more host faculty within GLAM, with whom they have discussed their proposed research and who will be asked to submit a nomination letter on their behalf. Candidates should also arrange to have two letters of reference submitted online. For administrative queries, please contact C. Sanchez (firstname.lastname@example.org). See below for more details, application schedule, and list of frequently asked questions.
Competition Schedule 2015-2017
July 1, 2014: Application period begins
October 31, 2014: Application deadline. Candidates are responsible for making sure that all components of their application are submitted before the deadline, including letters of recommendation.
November 2014: Committee reviews applications
Early December 2014: Offers made to successful candidates. Fellowship alternates also informed. All other candidates notified.
January 15, 2015: Decision deadline for Fellowship offers.
Required Application Materials
Applicants are responsible for ensuring that all of the following items are submitted online by October 31, 2014.
- Current position
- Current Institution
- Bachelors Degree (subject/institution/graduation date)
- If applicable: PhD (thesis title/institution/department/thesis advisor/ graduation date)
- Name and email of proposed faculty host in GLAM
- Letter from proposed faculty host in GLAM (to be submitted by GLAM faculty)
- Optional: Name of proposed co-host at GLAM + Letter
- CV including publication list
- Research statement (2 pages; can include figures and references, but doesn’t have to; please use a font size such that the document is readable; see FAQ)
- Names, Institutions and Email address of 2 referees
- 2 letters of recommendation (to be submitted by referees)
- Optional: copy or preprint of most relevant recent publication
Click here to begin your application.
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page
Stanford University is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to recruiting and hiring qualified women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.